Tap into top talent, with lower attrition, at competitive rates at a time when it’s needed most.
The demand for labour has recovered faster than its supply since the onset of the pandemic. Now, businesses across the UK are grappling with an increasingly tight and competitive labour market. The stats speak for themselves:
- Globally, 77% of businesses (nearly 4 in 5) report difficulty in finding the talent they need, with this problem particularly evident in the UK. 80% of businesses in the UK reported issues with filling vacancies.
- The percentage of businesses experiencing a worker shortage in 2023 continues to fluctuate between 12-16.8%, with shortages in some industries reaching 20-30%.
- The percentage of people aged 16-64 not in the labour force has increased over the past year.
While the government works to provide training and employment support schemes, businesses can rely on an immediate solution to the UK’s talent shortage: outsourcing.
The true cost of managing back-office in-house
In a tight labour market, businesses know the extensive costs of hiring, training, and retaining employees — especially for cumbersome back-office processes. Now, companies across the board have to deal with back-office talent deficits — one recent study found 58% of respondents experienced staffing shortages while 49% saw an increase in back-office staff turnover.
While back-office processes can be unwieldy, they are crucial to an organisation's successful operation. From in-depth technical support to a wide range of business processes, creating efficiencies in the back-office can deliver commercial and competitive advantages.
In a shifting economy, the power of simplification — and the ability to scale operations flexibly — is key to meeting demands and growing your business.
Outsourcing as key to back-office agility
Outsourcing back-office processing — including document management, order processing, finance and accounting, and HR support — enables businesses to overcome talent shortage efficiently and cost-effectively.
By combining onshore and offshore resources, outsourcing providers help businesses to reduce costs, lower attrition and build a resilient workforce — not to mention bridge the growing talent gap. Here’s how:
- Cost: The number one benefit of outsourcing is cost saving. Outsourced service partners take on the responsibility for recruitment, training, and retention, as well as providing cost-effective onshore and offshore delivery models.
- Scalability: An outsourcing partner provides flexibility to rapidly scale headcount up or down to meet changing business needs.
- Digital transformation: Outsource partners will use streamlined technical processes — including robotic process automation (RPA), analytics, and cloud-based solutions — so that you can access top tech solutions without equivalent investment.
- Impact sourcing: ESG and CSR goals can be met by engaging with outsourcing providers that practice impact sourcing. This brings employment opportunities to marginalised or disadvantaged groups, building careers and improving the local economies.
- Focus on core business: Outsourcing processes that are important to your operations but not core to your business frees up valuable time and resources to focus on optimizing your key business competencies.
Bridge the talent gap to drive business growth
More than ever, relying on a mixture of onshore and offshore resources is critical to bridging the talent gap in the UK. In addition to drawing on top talent in cost-effective locations like the Philippines, Kenya, Eygpt and South Africa, outsourcers practicing impact sourcing allow businesses to bring jobs to areas where they’re needed most.
By empowering communities with limited economic opportunity, impact sourcing provides an ethical opportunity for companies to make a meaningful difference while improving bottom lines and significantly contributing to meeting ESG and CSR goals of the company and both internal and external stakeholders.
This responsible approach to business process outsourcing tends to benefit from a more engaged and motivated workforce — with a significantly lower rate of attrition. The results from our impact sourcing teams in Kenya show:
- 99.5% accuracy
- 99.5% service level agreement (SLA) achievement
- Less than 2% monthly attrition
- Reduced cost of operations
How to get started with business outsourcing
To grow your business in a tight labour market, through outsourcing, it’s important to rely on a partner with the experience and expertise to meet your unique business needs. Look for the following in searching for the right partner:
- Global presence and scalable solutions
- Years of expertise in the field
- Commitment to sustainability, impact sourcing and ethical values
- Regulatory compliance and accreditations
- Client satisfaction
- Awards and recognition
With more than 20 years of experience and a proven track record of helping clients achieve excellence in outsourced customer and technical support, ADEC Arise offers award-winning global workforce solutions. With over 4,200 back office and customer care experts on six continents, we help businesses solve their customer challenges and deliver award-winning service.